How a Financial Adviser Can Help in the Lead Up to Retirement
It doesn’t matter how old you are, the best time to start saving for retirement is today.
A small amount invested today becomes a surprisingly larger amount the longer it is left to grow due to the power of compounding returns. The advice and guidance of a Financial Adviser can help you really make the most of what you can save for retirement, as well as help you achieve your other financial and lifestyle goals along the way.
If you are one of the many Australians who are late to start focusing on saving for retirement, all is not lost (much can be achieved even in the last five years before retirement). It’s important to plan for what’s next around the corner, including any changes you might be making as you approach this major milestone.
Working out how you’ll fund your retirement
If retirement is getting closer, you’re probably looking for ways to grow your super savings. How you’ll access that money is also important, as it may affect the tax you pay. Our Advisors can help you:
- Work out and implement strategies to boost your super.
- Create saving plans and spending budgets.
- Decide how to invest your super and choose investment types that suit you.
- Choose the best retirement income streams for your financial situation.
- Work out strategies that may increase your eligibility for the Age Pension.
Selling an Investment Property
If you feel the time is right to sell, our Advisors can help you:
- Decide what to do with the proceeds of the sale.
- Consider any implications of selling before or after retirement.
Downsizing or Making a Sea Change
If you’re considering moving into a smaller home, our Advisors can help you:
- Understand any financial implications, such as your eligibility for the Age Pension.
- Budget for moving and buying costs.
Transitioning to Retirement
You may be able to take advantage of a transition to retirement strategy that lets you start drawing down your super while you continue to work full time or drop down to part time hours. Our Advisors can help you:
- Make the most of the tax concessions available if you opt to work full time, top up your super and draw a transition to retirement pension from your super.
- Work out if you can afford to cut down your working hours and use a transition to retirement pension to top up your income.
Planning your Estate
Estate planning can be one of the most important things you can do to make sure your family is provided for. It’s more than just having a current will. Together with your legal adviser, our Advisors can help you:
- Set up a Binding Death Benefit nomination for your super.
- Understand and minimise the tax impact of how your assets will be distributed.
Our qualified Financial Advisers can help you define what it is you want to achieve in the lead up to retirement and afterwards. They can then give you the confidence and know-how to help reach your goals.
Contact us today to speak with our qualified Financial Adviser.